I made my dough with 50% whole wheat flour and 50% white. The dough didn't have a good flavor because it only had a bit of sugar and water. I think it needs honey or something like that. The mixture along was not enough to fill the flatbread completely. I had to add a bit of tomato sauce on the bread and then the topping. It looked way to skimpy otherwise. The flavors were good! I would tweak it if you make it.
Roasted Garlic, Tomato, and Basil Squares
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 289mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (about 13 1/2 ounces), divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 whole garlic head
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups chopped plum tomato (about 9 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 3/4 cups flour and 1 teaspoon salt to yeast mixture, stirring until well blended. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes); add enough of remaining 1/4 cup flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- While dough rises, remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper; sprinkle with cornmeal. Place dough on prepared baking sheet. Roll dough into a 15 x 10-inch rectangle. Lightly coat dough with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from oven. Combine garlic pulp, tomato, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread cheese mixture over crust; bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes. Cut into 12 squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This