Made this for company and everyone complimented. I liked the flavor (I'm a huge garlic fan), but found the texture a bit dry. Next time I'd use extra oil or tomatoes packed in oil.
Roasted Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomato, and White Bean Dip
Prepare a day ahead; bring to room temperature before serving. Serve on bagel chips garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Yield: 2 cups (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 43
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 94mg
- Calcium: 8mg
- 1 whole garlic head
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes; cool for 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Add tomatoes; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes. Drain tomatoes in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
- Place garlic pulp, tomatoes, 1/4 cup reserved liquid, oil, and remaining ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Garlic, Sun-Dried Tomato, and White Bean Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, 5 Ingredients or Less
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Beans
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Carbohydrate, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Winter, Christmas
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes Like This