Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes
The garlic can be roasted and stored in the refrigerator up to one day ahead.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1 large or 2 small garlic bulbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pounds red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- 1. Cut off pointed end of garlic bulb; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle with oil. Fold foil to seal.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic; set aside.
- 3. Cook potatoes in a Dutch oven in boiling salted water to cover 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 4. Mash potatoes with roasted garlic pulp, cream cheese, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note