Roasted Garlic and Potato Spread
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21.2g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 193mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 large whole garlic head, unpeeled
- 3 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook 19 minutes or until very tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Separate garlic cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Add pulp, yogurt, and next 6 ingredients (through red pepper) to potatoes. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher. Stir in reserved cooking liquid, 2 tablespoons at a time, until mixture is almost smooth. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers