- 1 large whole garlic head, unpeeled
- 3 1/2 cups cubed peeled baking potato (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 126
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 3.5 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 3.2 g
- carbohydrate 21.2 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 193 mg
- calcium 43 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400º.
Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook 19 minutes or until very tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
Separate garlic cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Add pulp, yogurt, and next 6 ingredients (through red pepper) to potatoes. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher. Stir in reserved cooking liquid, 2 tablespoons at a time, until mixture is almost smooth. Sprinkle with parsley.