Only for true garlic lover's like myself, because the garlic has nowhere to hide. Not very filling, so it might be better as an appetizer, but it is really good. I never knew roasting garlic was so easy.
Roasted Garlic Pizza
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 17 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 127
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 2.2mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 1 whole garlic head
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2.25 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 2.38 ounces bread flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Remove white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap head in foil. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
- 3. Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup warm water in a small bowl, and let stand 5 minutes. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Place flours and salt in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until blended. Add oil to yeast mixture, stirring with a whisk. With processor on, slowly add yeast mixture through food chute; process until dough forms a ball. Process 1 additional minute. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly 4 to 5 times. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.)
- 4. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 5. Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough into a 10-inch circle on a floured surface. Place dough on pizza pan or baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Spread roasted garlic evenly over pizza, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with cheeses, oregano, and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This