Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Cool: 10 Minutes
Stand: 1 Minute
- 1 garlic bulb
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut off pointed end of garlic; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil. Fold foil to seal.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 1 hour, and let cool 10 minutes. Squeeze pulp from garlic bulb; discard husk, and set pulp aside.
- 3. Bring potatoes and cold water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven; boil 25 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place back in Dutch oven, and heat 3 to 5 minutes over low heat until potatoes are dry. Set aside.
- 4. Heat whipping cream in a small saucepan over low heat 4 minutes or just until warm; remove from heat, and stir in sour cream.
- 5. Press potatoes through a ricer into Dutch oven. Let stand 1 minute. Stir in roasted garlic pulp, melted butter, salt, and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in warm whipping cream mixture, stirring just until blended. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note