Roasted Garlic and Lime Aïoli
Use any leftover aïoli in place of mayo on your next po'boy or BLT.
This recipe goes with Fried Calamari with Roasted Garlic and Lime Aïoli
Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 2 large garlic bulbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Peel outer skins from garlic bulbs, leaving cloves together. Cut off top quarter of each bulb. Place bulbs, cut side up, in center of a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil over each bulb; fold foil over garlic, sealing tightly. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven; cool. Remove and discard garlic clove skins. Scoop out pulp; mash and stir until smooth.
- Combine roasted garlic and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This