Roasted Garlic-Lima Bean Spread
This is delicious on toasted crostini and topped with fresh basil. It also works well as a sandwich spread and can be made up to three days ahead.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Cool: 5 Minutes
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cut off pointed end of garlic; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Fold foil to seal. Bake 30 minutes; let cool 5 minutes. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into a bowl.
- 2. Prepare lima beans according to package directions. Process lima beans in a food processor 30 seconds or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add roasted garlic, ricotta, basil, and lemon juice; pulse 2 to 3 times or until blended.
- 3. With processor running, pour 1/4 cup oil through food chute in a slow, steady stream, processing until smooth. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note