Roasted Garlic and Herb Potatoes
Roasted garlic can be made ahead for this dish and stored in a zip-top bag in the refrigerator up to a week.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- 5 large garlic bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 1/2 pounds baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut off pointed end of each garlic bulb; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle with oil. Fold foil to seal. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until very soft; cool. Squeeze pulp from garlic bulbs to measure 3/4 cup. Reserve any remaining garlic for another use. Process 3/4 cup garlic, milk, and next 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth; transfer to a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes and slice very thinly. Add potatoes to milk mixture as they are sliced. (This keeps potatoes from changing color.) Layer one-third each of potato mixture, herbs, and cheese in a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese. Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 45 more minutes or until browned and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note