- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pasteurized eggs
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts (about 1/4 cup)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup canola or safflower oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Cut off pointed end of garlic; place garlic on a piece of foil, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap tightly, and roast at 400° for about 45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven, and let cool; squeeze pulp from garlic cloves. Place roasted garlic in a blender or food processor with egg and next 5 ingredients, and process, adding canola oil and 1/4 cup olive oil in a slow, steady stream, until mixture thickens. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Quick Tip: Use about 1 cup of good-quality mayonnaise in place of eggs and oil.