I've made this a few times now...so good. I use a homemade white whole wheat crust, this most recent time fermented overnight and slipped onto a hot round stone with a pizza peel. The best ever! There's lots of room for experimentation; one could easily add bacon or try pepper-jack cheese. I don't get to make this often as my husband doesn't eat peppers or onions, but this recipe will remain permanently earmarked.
Roasted Fresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza
Refrigerated dough tends to shrink when removed from the can. Let the dough rest a few minutes before you start to work with it so it will be more pliable.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 pizza piece, 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1 teaspoon cilantro)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 331
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 44.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 808mg
- Calcium: 186mg
- 2 poblano chiles
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup l% low-fat milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat broiler.
- Place poblano chiles on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 10 minutes or until blackened and charred, turning occasionally. Place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and discard skins, seeds, and stems. Chop peppers.
- Lower oven temperature to 425°.
- n?|?ILarge nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn, green onions, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in milk; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Cool slightly. Place egg whites, egg, salt, and black pepper in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Stir in poblano peppers, corn mixture, and cheese.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll dough onto parchment paper; pat dough to form a 13 x 8-inch rectangle. Spread corn mixture over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Fold 1 inch of dough over corn mixture. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until set. Serve with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes