Roasted Filet of Beef with Stilton and Crispy Shallots
Roasted filet of beef was a standard at my mom's house during the holidays. I changed her recipe by first searing the beef in a hot skillet and then roasting it to tender perfection in the oven.
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 ounces Stilton cheese, thinly sliced or crumbled
- Crispy Roasted Shallots
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprig
- 1. Rub beef with 2 tablespoons olive oil and next 3 ingredients.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Sear filet 3 minutes on each side or until well browned. Place filet on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast at 400° for 30 to 35 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°. Place on a cutting board; loosely cover filet with foil. Let rest 10 minutes; slice 1/2 inch thick. Top each with Stilton, and serve warm or at room temperature with Crispy Roasted Shallots. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes