- 2 large fennel bulbs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- calories 116
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 2.8 g
- carbohydrate 16.8 g
- fiber 7.1 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 353 mg
- calcium 112 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cut each bulb in half lengthwise. Remove most of core using a sharp knife. Cut each bulb half lengthwise into quarters. Combine fennel, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon dill, and pepper in a small roasting pan; toss well to coat. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until almost tender.
Uncover fennel; bake an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, turning occasionally. Place fennel in a large bowl. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon dill, and juice; toss gently to combine.