Roasted Fennel and Ricotta Gratins with Tarragon
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Calcium: 177mg
- 6 1/4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 2 medium bulbs)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 1 (1 1/2-ounce) slice hearty white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Arrange fennel on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until fennel is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- Combine fennel, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the Homemade Ricotta Cheese, tossing well. Divide mixture evenly among 6 (4-ounce) gratin dishes or ramekins coated with cooking spray.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 3/4 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, tarragon, and pepper, tossing well. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons breadcrumb mixture over each gratin dish. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Fennel and Ricotta Gratins with Tarragon Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables