- 6 1/4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 2 medium bulbs)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 1 (1 1/2-ounce) slice hearty white bread (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 107
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 3.6 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 7.5 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 0.9 mg
- sodium 380 mg
- calcium 177 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Arrange fennel on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until fennel is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
Combine fennel, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the Homemade Ricotta Cheese, tossing well. Divide mixture evenly among 6 (4-ounce) gratin dishes or ramekins coated with cooking spray.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 3/4 cup. Combine breadcrumbs, tarragon, and pepper, tossing well. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons breadcrumb mixture over each gratin dish. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until golden.