Roasted Fennel and Red Onion Salmon
Photo: Antonis Achilleos
More From Real Simple
Other: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 99.87mg
- Calories: 394.71
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Carbohydrate: 15.19g
- Cholesterol: 100.36mg
- Fat: 21.08g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Iron: 2.21mg
- Protein: 36.17mg
- Saturated fat: 4.06g
- Sodium: 430.36mg
- 2 small fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon, halved
- About 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
In a roasting pan, toss the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the oil. Spread evenly and roast for 20 minutes.
Move the vegetables to side of pan, add the salmon, then redistribute the vegetables around the salmon. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon. Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining salt and pepper. Return to oven and roast until the salmon is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately, with the rice, if desired.
Tip: When estimating how long to cook fish, allow about 10 minutes for each inch of thickness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes