- 2 small fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon, halved
- About 3 cups cooked rice (optional)
- calcium 99.87 mg
- calories 394.71
- caloriesfromfat 48 %
- carbohydrate 15.19 g
- cholesterol 100.36 mg
- fat 21.08 g
- fiber 4.4 g
- iron 2.21 mg
- protein 36.17 mg
- satfat 4.06 g
- sodium 430.36 mg
How to Make It
Heat oven to 400° F.
In a roasting pan, toss the fennel, onion, garlic, tomatoes, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and the oil. Spread evenly and roast for 20 minutes.
Move the vegetables to side of pan, add the salmon, then redistribute the vegetables around the salmon. Squeeze the lemon halves over the salmon. Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining salt and pepper. Return to oven and roast until the salmon is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately, with the rice, if desired.
Tip: When estimating how long to cook fish, allow about 10 minutes for each inch of thickness.