Roasted Fennel & Garlic Soup
A tasty roasted Fennel and Garlic Soup. best made
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- chives (optional)
- 3 large fennel bulbs or 34small ones
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 medium white onion
- 300 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- Olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 4 small Maris Piper potatoes
- 1 small tub of creme fraiche
- Heat the oven to 160c.
- Peel potatoes then place in a large saucepan with pinch of salt.
- Top and tail fennel bulbs by cutting off woody botom and the stalks and discarding noth of these.
- Slice fennel finely and place in a roasting tray with sliced onion and garlic. Drizzle with oiive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables so they are coated with the oil.
- Put on tray on middle shelf of oven for 15 minutes, turning the vegetables frequently to prevent burning.
- Boil potatoes until cooked.
- Remove fennel etc from oven and add to pan of potatoes. Ad vegetable stock and a large lade of water. Cook and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, blitz with a hand blender of food blender.
- When ready to serve, pour into bowls and add a dollop of creme fraiche and dress with chopped chives to finish (optional).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Phyl123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note