My husband and I enjoyed this meal for brunch. I was out of arugula, but the recipe was still very flavorful. Will definitely make again.
Roasted Fennel, Egg, and Pancetta Panzanella
Photo: James Baigrie
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 576
- Calories from fat: 54%
- Protein: 24g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 1474mg
- Cholesterol: 265mg
- 8 ounces pancetta, cut into cubes
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cubed or torn ciabatta bread
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups arugula
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Mix pancetta, fennel, garlic, sugar, and 2 tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast together, stirring often, until mixture is starting to brown and soften, about 10 minutes. Add ciabatta and sprinkle mixture with pepper. Roast until bread is toasted and fennel is softened, about 10 minutes more.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan, cover, and fry until whites are set, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Mix warm bread mixture with arugula and divide among 4 plates. Set an egg on top of each.
Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This