- 8 ounces pancetta, cut into cubes
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups cubed or torn ciabatta bread
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups arugula
- calories 576
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 35 g
- satfat 9.6 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- sodium 1474 mg
- cholesterol 265 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Mix pancetta, fennel, garlic, sugar, and 2 tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast together, stirring often, until mixture is starting to brown and soften, about 10 minutes. Add ciabatta and sprinkle mixture with pepper. Roast until bread is toasted and fennel is softened, about 10 minutes more.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan, cover, and fry until whites are set, about 3 minutes.
Mix warm bread mixture with arugula and divide among 4 plates. Set an egg on top of each.
Nutritional analysis is per serving.