This was good but I was the only one at the table that liked it. I've made a miso glazed eggplant that I like more.
Roasted Eggplants with Herbs
This simple preparation yields irresistible results. Use very firm, small eggplants; if young and fresh enough, they won't be bitter.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 104
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 122mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 4 small eggplants (about 13 ounces)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Cut each eggplant into 1/4-inch slices, cutting to, but not through, stem end. Fan eggplants, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons oil evenly over eggplant slices. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; remove from oven. Press eggplants gently to fan slices. Brush eggplants with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until flesh is tender and edges are browned and slightly crisp.
- 3. Drizzle remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil evenly over eggplants; sprinkle with herbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note