wow, this is a crazy great recipe, it's the kind i want to lock up in the safe, really amazing. i sprayed on the olive oil with my misto and that worked great, used a seasoned Mediterranean salt blend and i used the small japanese eggplant. next time i an envisioning sprinkling with feta cheese and perhaps a sprinkle of balsamic. fans out beautifully as in the picture and would make quite the presentation.
Roasted Eggplants with Herbs
This simple preparation yields irresistible results. Use very firm, small eggplants; if young and fresh enough, they won't be bitter.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 104
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 122mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 4 small eggplants (about 13 ounces)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Cut each eggplant into 1/4-inch slices, cutting to, but not through, stem end. Fan eggplants, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush 1 1/2 tablespoons oil evenly over eggplant slices. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes; remove from oven. Press eggplants gently to fan slices. Brush eggplants with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until flesh is tender and edges are browned and slightly crisp.
- 3. Drizzle remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil evenly over eggplants; sprinkle with herbs.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes