Roasted Eggplant Salad
Roast eggplant and a medley of vegetables and cheese and serve the salad with pita bread.
Yield: 5 servings (1 serving: 1 1/2 cups vegetable mixture plus 8 pita wedges).
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 318
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.1g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 604mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Havarti cheese, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 (8-inch) pita bread rounds
- 5 green leaf lettuce leaves
- Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place mushrooms, eggplant, and corn in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Coat eggplant mixture with cooking spray; toss, and coat again with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
- Combine eggplant mixture, cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss lightly.
- Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetable mixture; toss lightly.
- Cut each pita round into 8 wedges; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- To serve, place lettuce on 5 plates. Top each with 1 1/2 cups vegetable mixture. Serve with toasted pita wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads