- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Havarti cheese, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 (8-inch) pita bread rounds
- 5 green leaf lettuce leaves
- calories 318
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 1.8 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 13.1 g
- carbohydrate 45.1 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 604 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place mushrooms, eggplant, and corn in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Coat eggplant mixture with cooking spray; toss, and coat again with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Let cool.
Combine eggplant mixture, cheese, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss lightly.
Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetable mixture; toss lightly.
Cut each pita round into 8 wedges; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until crisp.
To serve, place lettuce on 5 plates. Top each with 1 1/2 cups vegetable mixture. Serve with toasted pita wedges.