- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 20 thin jalapeño pepper slices
- 2 medium globe eggplants (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoons tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups arugula or watercress
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and crushed
- calories 205
- fat 14.2 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 8.4 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 4.5 g
- carbohydrate 19.5 g
- fiber 9.3 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 256 mg
- calcium 69 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and add jalapeño; let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place whole eggplants on grill rack; grill 15 minutes or until charred on all sides and tender when pierced with a thin knife, turning frequently. Remove from heat; gently scrape off charred skin, if desired. Cool eggplants slightly; halve lengthwise. Lightly score flesh.
Combine yogurt, tahini, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic, stirring well. Drizzle 4 teaspoons oil and lemon juice over eggplant flesh; top with yogurt mixture.
Combine arugula, remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; toss gently. Top each eggplant half with about 1/2 cup arugula, 5 jalapeño slices, 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils, and 1 tablespoon pecans.