Roasted Delicata with Cranberries and Pumpkinseeds
This impressive yet simple side dish is great for company. And remember: You can eat the skin.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Carbohydrate: 19.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 5.1mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 257mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 2 (12-ounce) delicata squashes
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pumpkinseed kernels, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Cut each squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and discard seeds and membranes. Brush flesh with 2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place squash halves, cut sides down, in a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Turn over (cut sides up); place 1 thyme sprig in each. Bake an additional 17 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Preheat broiler to high.
- 4. Broil squash 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5. Place cranberries in a small bowl; cover with water. Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds; drain.
- 6. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice. Drizzle the butter mixture over squash. Divide cranberries and pumpkinseeds among squash halves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This