Roasted Curried Potatoes with Sweet Onion
"Roasted potatoes can fit into a healthy diet" by Stephanie Witt Sedgewick, The Washington Post. Make sure potato chunks are the same size so they cook evenly. Pair with lemon-herb-rubbed roast chicken and steamed spinach. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 11, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 3/4 pound(s) all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into approximately 1-inch chunks (2 pounds after peeling)
- 1 large sweet onion, such as Mayan, Maul or Vidalia, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) mild curry powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Combine potatoes, onion and oil in a large roasting pan; toss to coat evenly. Sprinkle curry powder and salt to taste over potatoes and onions, and toss again.
- 3. Roast for 20 minutes, then turn/toss mixture so potatoes will be nicely browned all over; roast for 10 to 20 minutes, until potatoes and onion are tender (a total of 30 to 40 minutes).
- 4. Scatter cilantro evenly over potatoes; toss to combine. Serve immediately. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note