Roasted Corn Salsa
Plum tomatoes are a good substitute if you don't have ripe summer tomatoes.
Yield: 4 1/2 cups (72 servings) (serving size: 1 tablespoon)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 10
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.3g
- Carbohydrate: 1.9g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 5 ears yellow corn
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups diced seeded tomato (about 2 small)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced peeled jícama
- 1/4 cup peeled diced avocado
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2. Remove husks from corn. Scrub silks from corn.
- 3. Cut kernels from ears of corn. Place corn in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475° for 15 minutes or until slightly charred, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove corn from pan; let cool.
- 4. Combine corn, tomato, and remaining ingredients, stirring well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers