This was tasty. My radishes were a little bland so there was no great contrast of flavors, but it was still good.
Roasted Corn and Radish Salad with Avocado-Herb Dressing
Every summer, fresh ears of corn pile on roadside stands along the Delmarva Peninsula in Delaware. Riki Senn uses this abundance of local produce to bring bright sweetness to this recipe. The cool creaminess of a Hass avocado is the perfect addition to temper the spicy bite from the radishes and add extra flavor and texture.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 20.9g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 ears yellow corn with husks
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup Avocado-Herb Dressing
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine sliced avocado and juice in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Trim both ends of corn cobs, leaving husks from corn intact. Place the corn on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until tender. Cool. Remove husks from corn; scrub silks from corn. Cut kernels from ears of corn; discard cobs.
- 3. Reserve 4 whole lettuce leaves. Chop remaining lettuce to measure 4 cups. Combine chopped lettuce, avocado mixture, corn, and radishes. Spoon lettuce mixture into lettuce leaves. Serve with Avocado-Herb Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note