Roasted Corn Chowder with Chicken and Cilantro
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste A quick drizzle of organic raw agave, to taste To serve: 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro Fresh lime juice from 2 limes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 14 ounce(s) can coconut milk or plain hemp milk
- 14 ounce(s) Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 4 ounce(s) chopped roasted green chilies
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) curry or chili powder or paste, mild or hot, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 clove(s) Fresh Garlic
- 1 quart(s) light vegetable broth
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 ear(s) of corn, roasted, kernels removed
- 1 cup(s) seeded, chopped fresh heirloom tomatoes
- If corn is in season use fresh ears of corn- if not- roast thawed frozen kernels on a baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat and stir in the cumin and curry or chili powder; cook for one minute to infuse the oil with spice. Add the chopped garlic and onion. Stir and cook for five minutes. Add the roasted corn, sweet potato, canned fire roasted tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, green chilies; stir for a minute. Add in the broth. Cover and bring to a high simmer. Lower the heat and simmer gently, until the sweet potatoes are tender, about twenty minutes or so. Add the coconut milk and cooked chicken pieces. Stir and season with sea salt and ground pepper; and add a drizzle of organic raw agave to taste. Heat through gently- please don't boil it. Just before serving, add the chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice. Stir. Taste test. Adjust seasoning. Note: The lime juice brightens the taste and accents the spice. Agave cools the hotness.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and pass out the spoons.
- This chowder works well cooked slowly in a Crock Pot; add the coconut milk and cooked chicken 30 minutes before serving and heat through.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dpmmunder00 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note