Roasted Corn and Chicken Quesadillas
Queso Asadero is a mild white Mexican cheese. Monterey Jack cheese is a good substitute.
Yield: 8 servings,(serving size: 2 wedges)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 66
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Calcium: 49mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Queso Asadero or Monterey Jack cheese
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in corn and crushed red pepper. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until corn is lightly browned. Add bell pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in chicken and green onions; sauté 1 minute. Remove mixture from heat; stir in oregano, cilantro, and salt. Wipe pan dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle each of 4 tortillas with 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese, and top evenly with chicken mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over chicken mixture, and top with remaining 4 tortillas.
- Place pan over medium heat and add 1/4 teaspoon oil. Carefully add 1 quesadilla, and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers