Very good recipe. I used gluten free cornbread (cause I am gluten intollerant) and halved it. Very good and freezes well!
Roasted-Corn Bread Stuffing
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 171
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 396mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 2 strips center-cut bacon, chopped (such as Oscar Mayer)
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (1 ear yellow corn)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Corn Bread Muffins
- 1 (1 1/2-ounce) slice hearty white bread
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 teaspoon of drippings in pan; crumble bacon. Set aside. Add corn, chopped onion, and celery; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in water, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Crumble 2 Corn Bread Muffins into a large bowl. Place white bread in a food processor, and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Stir into the crumbled Corn Bread Muffins. Add corn mixture, sage, thyme, black pepper, salt, and bacon; stir to combine. Add broth; stir gently to coat. Place mixture in a (1-quart) baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Totals include 2 Corn Bread Muffins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted-Corn Bread Stuffing Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables