- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet or other firm white fish
- 1 1/3 cups Fumé Blanc, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, vertically sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
How to Make It
Place cod in a shallow dish; pour 1 cup wine over fish. Sprinkle with salt, dill weed, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Combine remaining wine and raisins; let stand while fish marinates.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onion, and sauté 6 minutes. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes, soaked raisins and liquid, capers, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper to skillet. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
Pour off wine from shallow dish; spoon tomato mixture over fish. Sprinkle with feta. Bake 20 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with pan juices.