I keep looking for a good veggie to pair with Mexican cuisine, but both my husband and myself agree this is not the one. I can't place what was off, it just did not have an appealing taste.
Roasted Chile-Lime Broccolini
Photo: Shelly Strazis; Styling: Valerie Aikman-Smith
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 2.4g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 129mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 4 pounds broccolini
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- Zest of 6 Mexican limes or 2 large regular limes
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Trim leaves and sides of stalks from broccolini. Put broccolini on 2 large rimmed baking sheets (they will be very full).
- 2. Melt butter with salt and pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in chile powder, remove from heat, and stir in lime zest. Drizzle butter over broccolini and turn until well coated.
- 3. Roast broccolini, switching pan positions and turning with tongs halfway through cooking, until tender-crisp, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 day, chilled. Reheat, tented with foil, in a 350° oven on 1 large rimmed baking sheet until hot, 30 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables