Roasted Chicken with polenta and balsamic-poached figs
Community Recipe from
- 1 Chicken Roasted
- 4 cup(s) cornmeal for polenta
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Orange Juice
- 1 sprig(s) Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 stick(s) Cinnamon
- 1 whole(s) Allspice
- 2 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Star Anise
- 8 ounce(s) dried figs, such as black Mission Halved Lengthwise
- Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 300. Place Roasted Chicken on a b aking sheet and gently peel back skin from chicken without detaching it completely. Heat until meat is warm and skip is crisp, about 10 minutes. Reserve juices.
- 2. For the polenta, combine cornmeal and Water in medium pot over medium-high heat. Break up polenta witha wooden spoon, then stir contiusouly until creamy and heated through. Season with salt.
- 3. To make the Figs: In a small saucepan, heat suagr and 1/2 cup water, until sugar dissolves. Add vinegar, orange juice, thyme, and spices and bring to a boil. Reduce until slgithly thickened about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium heat-proof bowl and add figs. Let Cool.
- To Serve:
- Spoon polenta onto serving plates, top with chicken.
- In a small pot, combin 3 Tbsp Chicken "jus" 12 Balsmamic-Poached figs and 2 Tbsp of the Fig Syrup. Whisk until combines. Reduce slightly over medium - low heat. Season with freshly ground peper.
- Pour Fig mixture over chicken and Garnish with Fresh Chopped Parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jreinke and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes