Roasted Chicken with polenta and balsamic-poached figs
From Whole Living
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Chicken Roasted
- 4 cup(s) cornmeal for polenta
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) Orange Juice
- 1 sprig(s) Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 stick(s) Cinnamon
- 1 whole(s) Allspice
- 2 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Star Anise
- 8 ounce(s) dried figs, such as black Mission Halved Lengthwise
- Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 1. Heat oven to 300. Place Roasted Chicken on a b aking sheet and gently peel back skin from chicken without detaching it completely. Heat until meat is warm and skip is crisp, about 10 minutes. Reserve juices.
- 2. For the polenta, combine cornmeal and Water in medium pot over medium-high heat. Break up polenta witha wooden spoon, then stir contiusouly until creamy and heated through. Season with salt.
- 3. To make the Figs: In a small saucepan, heat suagr and 1/2 cup water, until sugar dissolves. Add vinegar, orange juice, thyme, and spices and bring to a boil. Reduce until slgithly thickened about 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium heat-proof bowl and add figs. Let Cool.
- To Serve:
- Spoon polenta onto serving plates, top with chicken.
- In a small pot, combin 3 Tbsp Chicken "jus" 12 Balsmamic-Poached figs and 2 Tbsp of the Fig Syrup. Whisk until combines. Reduce slightly over medium - low heat. Season with freshly ground peper.
- Pour Fig mixture over chicken and Garnish with Fresh Chopped Parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jreinke and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note