- 1 medium lemon
- 4 to 5 pound roasting chicken
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. From the lemon, grate enough peel to measure 1 teaspoon, then cut lemon in half.
Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, parsley, thyme, sage, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture under chicken skin, then spread remaining on outside of chicken. Place lemon halves in cavity.
Arrange chicken breast side up in 13- x 9-inch roasting pan, with or without rack. Roast 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and continue roasting 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 180°.
Cost per recipe*: $80
Cost per serving*: $95
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.