- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh chives
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon loosely packed lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together first 8 ingredients in a small bowl until well combined.
Loosen skin from each chicken thigh without totally detaching skin; spread butter mixture under skin. (Discard any remaining butter mixture.) Replace skin; brush thighs with oil, and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper. Place thighs on a lightly greased (with cooking spray) wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan.
Bake at 425° for 50 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of a chicken thigh registers 165°. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes.