Just made this winner last night and its definitely a keeper. Nice flavors and great use of brussels sprouts. I did need to cook my chicken longer on the stovetop (~6 min total) and an extra 5 in the oven, but the end result was nice and tender thighs with crispy skin. Added extra garlic for personal preference, but otherwise made as directed. Served with mashed sweet potatoes for a great winter meal; would make again. Enjoy!
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 20.4g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 13.3g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 140mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 420mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/3 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine 1 teaspoon oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Loosen skin on thighs by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Rub garlic mixture under loosened skin. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken thighs to pan, skin side down; cook 4 minutes. Turn thighs over; top with lemon wedges. Place pan in oven; bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until done. Remove chicken and lemon from pan; discard lemon. Discard drippings (do not wipe out pan). Return pan to medium-high heat. Add wine; cook 2 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove pan from heat; add butter, swirling until butter melts.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 1 minute. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and Brussels sprouts; cook 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add broth to pan; cover and cook 2 minutes. Place 1 chicken thigh on each of 4 plates; serve with 1 cup Brussels sprouts and 2 tablespoons sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon thyme.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note