the sauce for the chicken was different and good...but it didnt stay on the chicken...it just dripped down into the potatoes so they were cooking in liquid and gave them a strange taste ...at the end the chicken had really no flavor...make sure to check the chicken a couple times in the last 15 minutes bc i looked at them in the first 20 and they looked great but didnt check again for another 15 min and they had burnt spots on the top...it was edible but thats it...but ill use the sauce again!!! that soy sauce, dijion mustard and honey mixture...
Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Shallots
Unexpected flavors make this dinner of Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Shallots restaurant quality worthy—and totally unforgettable! Substitute split bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts for the legs. If you have fresh rosemary, use 1 1/2 teaspoons.
More From Allyou
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Sodium: 692mg
- 1/2 pound small red potatoes (larger ones cut in half)
- 6 shallots, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thigh and leg pieces
- 1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line bottom and sides of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. In baking pan, toss potatoes and shallots with oil, rosemary and 1/2 tsp. salt. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, honey and mustard. Remove baking dish from oven and stir potato mixture. Mist a wire rack with cooking spray and place it on top of baking dish.
- 3. Place chicken on rack. Brush with soy sauce mixture and roast until an instant-read thermometer registers 165ºF when stuck into thickest part of thigh, about 35 minutes (check chicken after 20 minutes; if skin is browning too quickly, tent chicken with foil). Let rest 5 minutes. Serve chicken with potato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note