- 2 skin-on, bone-in chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 bone-in chicken leg-thigh quarters, skinned (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 cups chopped mustard greens, stems removed (about 7 ounces)
- calories 305
- fat 12.4 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 37.8 g
- carbohydrate 10.8 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- cholesterol 154 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 522 mg
- calcium 143 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Sprinkle chicken evenly with paprika, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken, flesh sides down; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes. Place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until done. Let stand 5 minutes.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add broth and sugar to pan; cook 3 minutes or until broth almost evaporates. Add greens to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.