- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 large ears)
- Cooking spray
- 5 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice or other short-grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth or vodka
- 4 cups chopped roasted chicken breast
- 1/3 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Asiago cheese
- 3 slices 40%-less-fat bacon, cooked and crumbled
- calories 363
- fat 6.6 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- protein 30.6 g
- carbohydrate 40.4 g
- cholesterol 68 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 531 mg
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fiber 1.9 g
- calcium 104 mg
How to Make It
Place corn on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet, and set aside.
Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Reduce heat to medium. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add vermouth; cook 1 minute or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 to 30 minutes total).
Gently stir in chicken and corn. Add half-and- half, green onions, and black pepper. Cook until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Sprinkle each serving evenly with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.