Roasted Chicken Caesar Salad
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bottled refrigerated Caesar dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon loosely packed lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 chicken breast tenders
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toppings: Parmesan cheese, black pepper, flat-leaf parsley leaves, croutons
- 1. Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Place onion in water to cover; chill until ready to use.
- 2. Whisk together Caesar dressing and next 5 ingredients.
- 3. Brush both sides of chicken with 1/3 cup dressing mixture. Place chicken on a lightly greased rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Broil 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- 4. Place lettuce, cut sides up, on rack in jelly-roll pan; brush with olive oil. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until browned and wilted.
- 5. Drizzle desired amount of remaining dressing mixture over chicken and lettuce. Drain onions; pat dry. Serve salad with onions, any remaining dressing, and desired toppings.
- Note: We tested with Naturally Fresh Classic Caesar Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note