Roasted Chicken and Arugula Salad
Save time by using store-bought croutons in this recipe, which reduces it to seven-ingredient chicken salad recipe that's ready in just the time it takes to chop the chicken and toss the salad. Top with grated Parmesan cheese for a bright bite of flavor.
- 3 (1/2-inch-thick) slices bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (5-ounce) bag arugula leaves, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped or shredded roasted chicken
- 5 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss bread cubes with butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil; add sea salt and pepper. Spread cubes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Mix remaining olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl to blend. Toss in arugula, chicken, toasted bread, basil, and parsley. Divide evenly onto plates, and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This