Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Feel free to substitute any combination of other hearty vegetables, such as carrots (peeled, cut into 2-inch lengths, and halved lengthwise if thick), fennel (bulb quartered), small red or yellow onions (cut into wedges), and new potatoes (halved), mushrooms (halved if large) or grape tomatoes. Recipe by Allie Lewis Clapp, October 2011; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/roasted-chicken-vegetables-00100000066378/index.html.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound(s) bone-in chicken pieces (thighs, drumsticks, breasts, or wings)
- 1/2 bunch(es) broccoli, cut into florets and stems peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium head(s) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, peeled and smashed
- 4 sprig(s) fresh thyme and/or rosemary
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1. Heat oven to 425° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the chicken, broccoli, and cauliflower with the oil, garlic, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer and roast, tossing the vegetables once and basting the chicken occasionally with pan juices, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note