Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Onion
- sprig(s) Rosemary
- Roast chickens that weigh between 2 1/2 and 4 1/2 pounds.
- First, pat the skin dry, then rub the bird inside and out with 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher or sea salt per pound. (add some paprika to the rub as well, a trick for enhancing the golden color.)
- Throw a lemon half, an onion half and some sprigs of rosemary or thyme inside the cavity.
- Put the bird right on the rack in a 500 degree oven with a pan of vegetables on the rack below to catch the juices; this method improves air circulation around the bird.
- After 20 to 30 minutes, he lowers the heat to 350 and continues roasting until a thermometer in the thigh registers 165 degrees. Let rest 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChrisBovi and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note