Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric and Cumin
"Natural Curiosity at Home" by Lila Byock. Dishes from chef Sera Pelle of L.A.'s Natural Curiosities. Serve hot or cold, as an entree or a side dish. The cauliflower can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated overnight; reheat before combining with the pine nuts and herbs. Recipe published in Food & Wine: March 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) safflower or sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- Sea salt
- 4 head(s) cauliflower--halved, cored and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 cup(s) pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped mint
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the oil, cumin, turmeric, crushed red pepper and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- 2. On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, drizzle the cauliflower with the spiced oil and toss well to coat; season with salt. Spread the cauliflower in an even layer and bake for about 1 hour, until browned and tender; switch the baking sheets halfway through cooking.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a pie plate, bake the pine nuts for about 1 minute, until toasted. Let cool.
- 4. Transfer the cauliflower to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, cilantro and mint and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note