We loved this! I used Panko instead of toasting bread and tossed whole garlic cloves in to roast w cauliflower. I also roasted a little longer. This is added to our fans!
Roasted Cauliflower with Capers and Bread Crumbs
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 143
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sodium: 444mg
- Cholesterol: 2.2mg
- 2 heads cauliflower (about 3 lb.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- About 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices (about 3 by 4 in. and 1/2 in. thick) Italian-style white bread such as pane pugliese
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 6 canned anchovy fillets, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 1. Rinse cauliflower; cut into quarters. Cut off and discard leaves and cores; cut quarters into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 2. In a 12- by 17-inch baking pan, mix cauliflower with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spoon half the mixture into another 12- by 17-inch pan and spread mixture in both pans level.
- 3. Roast in a 450° regular or convection oven until cauliflower is browned on the edges and tender when pierced, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, toast bread slices. Rub one side of each with garlic clove; discard any remaining garlic. Let bread cool, then tear into 1-inch chunks. In a food processor or blender, whirl to coarse crumbs.
- 5. In a large bowl, mash anchovies with lemon juice to a coarse paste. Add cauliflower, parsley, capers, hot chili flakes, and bread crumbs, and mix. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables