I made this exactly as described. It was great. the topping makes it. Great flavor and filling.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Serve with a salad of parsley leaves and 6 ounces arugula, tossed with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 21.7g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 646mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 large head)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 4 thin slices prosciutto or other cured ham, chopped (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 ounce French bread baguette, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place cauliflower in a large bowl; drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss to coat. Arrange mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until tender and browned, stirring once after 30 minutes.
- 3. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add ham; cook 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove ham; drain on paper towels. Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in pan. Add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cauliflower, stock, and 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in half-and-half. Place half of cauliflower mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth; pour pureed soup into a bowl. Repeat with remaining cauliflower mixture. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Place torn bread in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until coarsely chopped. Melt remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; swirl. Add breadcrumbs; sauté 5 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Combine ham, breadcrumbs, parsley, and toasted almonds. Ladle about 1 1/4 cups soup into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with about 2 1/2 tablespoons toasted breadcrumb mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note