I made a half-version and followed other reviewers' comments to reduce roasting time to 30 mins. In the last fifteen minutes, I simmered 1/4 yellow onion, 2 tsp garlic, and white wine to coat in a pot. I added the cauliflower and 1/2 of the broth, then cooked for another 10 minutes with a cover, then removed from heat for another 10 minutes, uncovered. I added the other 1/2 of the broth and the milk, blended with immersion blender, then reheated a couple of minutes to serve. With those revisions, it matched a fabulous, full-fat version I'd had a few days ago.
Roasted Cauliflower Soup
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Carbohydrate: 12.1g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 506mg
- Calcium: 110mg
- 3 pounds cauliflower florets (about 2 large heads)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 3/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- Dash of finely ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine florets and oil in a large bowl; toss to coat. Add thyme and salt; toss well. Arrange florets on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until golden brown, stirring after 30 minutes.
- Combine florets, 2 cups broth, and milk in a blender. Process 3 minutes or until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large saucepan. Add remaining 2 cups broth and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Soups/Stews