Unfortunately this didn't turn out to work for me. The shallots were on the turn of burning at the 10 minute stage and I had to add more oil which I don't like doing as it was all absorbed. There was a point I was expecting to have to finish off in the microwave as 'becoming charred' on half of it was an understatement; even after keep stirring it every 5 mins. I didn't find it flavoursome even though I added extra garlic and seasoning. In total it took about an hour to make including putting the pan on to boil while the rest was in the oven. It left me exhausted and I won't be making it again sadly.
Roasted Cauliflower Pasta
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Fruity, briny olives add meaty flavor to this meatless one-dish meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 531
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Carbohydrate: 77.4g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 627mg
- Calcium: 156mg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1/3 cup sliced Spanish olives
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 ounces uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ounce fresh pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- 1. Place a small heavy roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Remove preheated pan from oven. Add butter and oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots and cauliflower to pan; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Add olives and next 3 ingredients (through garlic) to pan; toss to combine. Bake an additional 7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and browned.
- 3. Cook pasta in boiling water 7 minutes or until almost tender. Drain pasta through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan over medium-high heat. Add reserved cooking liquid and cauliflower mixture; toss. Cook 2 minutes or until pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with parsley, and garnish with shaved cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes